Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Email system

My response to Raul at Easy Money for Free traffic exchange, on whether or not a traffic exchange should have an email system to email your downline.

> Most traffic exchanges that I'm a member of have rather strict restrictions
> on spamming your downline.
> If they have one at all, most of the time all you can do is welcome and
> thank someone for signing up under you. You can email them encouraging them
> to surf, give them credits, or inform them about some upcoming surf promo to
> that site only. Other than that, all you can do is promo some links only in
> your signature.
>
> I'm against spamming. I get enough of those in my email box everyday. One
> way around that is if there is a check box allowing the member to
> receive email from their upline. I'm not really against an email system,
> but haven't seen too many of them work for me in traffic exchanges. A lot
> of times, they are just junk so without any incentive or a catchy title, I
> just delete them.
>
> Another thing I would like to see more often is being able for the downline
> to converse to their upline. A lot times it is a one way street.
>
> Irregardless, if you do have an email system, there needs to be some
> boundaries clearly defined. One result might be for banning a member if
> their spamming gets out of hand.

No comments: